Thursday 21 October 2010

Love, Peace & Unity

I have had one of the most inspirational days of my live. My good friend Alex came to visit us in Worcester. Now Alex is one of the most genuine, talented and humble people I know. His music is based around the ideals of peace, love and nature. The beautiful message coupled with fantastic guitar work sends shivers down my spine and today I was lucky enough to play guitar with him and have what us musicians like to call a "jamming session". I watched and listened in awe as he showed me some of his music. After listening to some of his music I told him I was embarrassed to play in front of him but being the nice guy he is he insisted I play. So I did. We went on to jam for a couple of hours until he had to go back to Cardiff.

Listening to his music and talking to him about it for hours really inspired me to go out and write some new songs. So I did. Me and my friend Steve went down to a secluded spot by the river that runs through Worcester and sat there for a bout an hour and a half watching the world go by and started writing lyrics. We wrote a song about the beauty in the world and how the hustle and bustle of the 9 - 5 makes people blind to the beauty we saw in front of us. It's still working progress but I feel happy about the direction it's heading in.

If you would like to check out my boy Alex's music visit:

http://www.myspace.com/alexsedgmondduo

it's well worth a listen.

peace.love.respect.unity

-- Tom RDD

No comments:

Post a Comment