Friday 17 April 2009

You'll Never Take Us Alive...

First things first, the Good To Go tour was AWESOME! Really good show and some very interesting people and it was the first time I met a gay punk so it was a learning experience to say the least.

Firstly must say that the first band I saw (after missing the opening act. oops!) Failsafe were pretty damn good. I think I've seen them support some one before but for the life of me I can't remember who. They had a really good energy and got the crowed going which is rare these days to get a crowed to do anything before the main acts take to the stage. So good show from them. Now I had never seen MC Lars before. I had heard a few of his tracks on the old myspace and seen a few videos but hadn't really paid that much attention. To put it simply he was fucking cool! No other way I can describe it. Spoke to him on the merch stand and he seemed to be a real genuine kinda guy who was a little surprised at how many people were at the show (about 500 I believe). Songs were really catchy and pretty funny (below is a video of one his songs check it out). I enjoyed his set so much one of the first things I did this morning was to download some of his songs off his website and have since been bopping along to them at home! And what makes it all the better is that he did his entire set in an Aquabats suit! That's entertainment!

And finally to the headline band, The Aquabats. Nothing makes me happier in the whole world of live music than seeing the most super rad lycra wearing crime fighting band on the planet take to the stage. I've now seen them three times and each time I've seen them they make the shows so fun and generally entertaining. God I love it. Being a drama student I really like a band who can make their shows ridiculous and funny. It's just something that makes me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy. Awesome set by the superheroes in blue. Bopped along and rocked out and they even did a rap battle with MC Lars (Watching an MC Lars Vs. MC Bat Commander rap battle is one of the greatest moments in live music history) and it was the first time I've been told the story of Midget Pirates at a show before (Aquabats fans will understand!)

So the rock kids can go watch AC/DC. The ravers can go see their Prodigy but hell I would choose The Aquabats over any band on the planet to go and see for the sheer brilliance of their shows and the hilarity that ensues. Top show. Only thing that could have made it better would be one or two old school Aquabeats but you can't have everything. Oh and I almost got stranded in London but managed not to. But that's another story...

Peace, love and respect. as always.

-- Tom RDD



No comments:

Post a Comment