Saturday 4 July 2009

I know it's not a cool thing to do, sing a sad song with a happy tune...

I've spent most of my day writing songs. These songs have not been very happy songs if I'm honest. I find sometimes I need to feel a bit sad and overwhelmed because other wise all my negative feelings build up and come out in a horrible way when I'm either really upset or angry. I know I spend too much time thinking about the past even though I have been trying my hardest not to. I can say in honesty that I have gotten better at it but there are still things from the past that upset me, make me angry and make me want to vent my feelings. So today I wrote a song about something that happened that wasn't a very nice experience. I mainly did this because I've been dreaming about it for the last few nights and it's been going round and round my head so it's pretty hard to ignore. So I turned to song writing to express some feelings I have on the matter. When I write songs I tend to write lyrics pretty quickly but because I can't play the guitar (I really want to learn to play the acoustic guitar just so I can blast out a song I write every once in while) it's very hard to transfer this into actual musical form. This frustrates me rather a lot but at least when I come to write songs when I'm in a band I have loads of lyrics at my disposal to cut and paste into a new song. Anyway, today's lesson. The past is what makes you who you are today. Every single thing, good or bad, makes you the person you see in the mirror every day. And the cold hard truth is that someone out there in the world always has it worse than you do. You can't change the past but you can do something about your future.

Peace, love and respect. Always.

-- Tom RDD

No comments:

Post a Comment