Friday 22 May 2009

If I had my own world, I'd build an empire...

I promised myself I wouldn't but I guess I failed. Today/ yesterday marked the first of numerous almost heart breaking moments. The end of the academic year is upon us and I find myself, after two years as a fresher, dreading the next week. Of course I cannot wait to go home and see my family and my girlfriend but apart of me has almost gone forever and that is the "fresher" within me. As I have said I have spent the last two years a "fresher" so going into the second year of university is somewhat of a big deal. I can't wait for my degree to actually mean something but at the same time I don't want to loose the closeness I have with people I live with. Today marked the first of the inevitable. People have started to leave university for the summer. I will see these people again but not for another 3 months. Leaving the confines of a house in which you have literally seen these people everyday for a year is a hard task to go through no matter who you are. These people I have come to love and call my best friends. I will not forget the times I have spent with them and the things we have shared together. They mean more to me than I can possibly describe and I wish them a happy summer. You have made this last year one of the best years of my life and I am honoured to say that I have known you all.

Yours with peace love and respect. as always.

-- Tom RDD

No comments:

Post a Comment