Friday 29 May 2009

I love the world for all that's inside it

Friday May 29th, marks my last day as a fresher and an inhabitant of Eddie E. I can tell you saying goodbye to good friends is a hardship that hurts a lot more than you think it would or could. In overall terms 3 1/2 months is a relatively short time but no matter how much you tell yourself this you still get that feeling of despair every time a friend drives off into the distance. Yesterday was certainly a hard day emotionally. Saying goodbye to 3 of your best friends in quick succession is no easy task. People may judge, may laugh, may find it odd that you can be upset when you are only being apart from these people for a few months. But you must remember people that you see literally everyday for 8 months become family and everyone deals with emotional stuff their own way. Some like to cry, others like to pretend everything is ok and other are not phased but such "small" events. To each their own. Change can be a good thing even if it does not seem that way at first. I know that when I get back home I have things to look forward to. Spending time with my family and seeing the girl I love with all that I am. So yes saying goodbye hurts but it is only for a while. We must treasure the times we had. If they were so perfect once why relive them again? It's important to remember where we came from and how we got there but not at the expense of the present or the future.

Peace, love and respect. as always.

-- Tom RDD

No comments:

Post a Comment