Saturday 6 February 2010

Tom "Lightyear" Budgen (spoken in the style of Bruce Buffer

Today I participated in my first Brazilian Jujitsu lesson and It was one of the best things I've ever done. It was a hard hour of sweat and toil but regardless it made me feel euphoric afterwards. Maybe it was the adrenaline but I was almost immune to the pain for an hour. I have NEVER worked out that before in my life. EVER. At times I felt as if I was actually going to throw up but I sucked it up and went for it. Over 100 sit ups, over 50 press ups, 20 minutes of technique and 20 minutes of sparring which included me getting punched in the face (which I didn't feel) and my right arm being hyper-extended. It was a rough hour but I cannot wait to get back in the gym and learn more. I was the rookie in the class. My technique was sloppy and most of the ground game I pulled off was improvised but I have never felt so pumped up and ready to be in a position where I can get hurt or even have my bones broken. I've always found it ironic that people talk about "living life" when they refer to extreme sports, things that really put your life in danger. But now I can see why. The rush is extreme. I wasn't close to death, I was close to having my arm broken, I was close to being chocked out but the adrenaline rush made the pain seemingly non existent (until I twisted my arm badly trying to escape a hold I thought I could). It was immense. It was a rush and it was addictive. I want to go back NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment