Monday 8 March 2010

Forever Young...

A friend of mine today said something a lot of people often say but it made me think about the way things are going in my life at the moment. What he said was simply "Live for today". I've never been good at truly living for the moment. I always think about the consequences and what can and probably will happen. At the moment my head is so messed up and I feel like I have no true direction in my life. All I know is that I don't want to get caught up in the rat race of life. The 9 - 5 life is not the life for me and something I will never go into unless I truly have to. The moral of the story is that I (and we as people) should start living for the now and stop living for tomorrow. It's hard considering my current mind set but not impossible. I have a short time left at Uni and I don't want to look back and regret not making the most of my time here. It has been a fantastic journey. I have been blissfully happy and I have seen the dark side of depression. But it's an adventure, an adventure I need to start enjoying while it's happening.

"I wanna be forever young"

-- Tom RDD

No comments:

Post a Comment