Monday 5 April 2010

I like Greek Mythology and I don't care who knows!

It's a sunny bank holiday Monday and I've spent it down in Brighton town. Sunny, warm and crammed with tourists who all seem to share the same goal. Walk very very slowly in front of me causing my patience to wear thin. But aside from all the tourists walking at a pace where most pensioners would find slow it has been a good day. It's been a few months since I last went to Brighton and almost a year since I could walk down the North Lanes without freezing my balls off or ducking for cover from the rain. Whenever I walk down the North Lanes it always feels like I'm meeting up with an old friend. That knowledge that it'll always be there and be almost the same as I remember but new and exciting things have been thrown in for good measure.

After a few hours walking around the city the decision is made to see the latest Greek mythology blockbuster, "Clash Of The Titans". To say I've been looking forward to it is an understatement. I love mythology, it's always captured my imagination and interested me being the absolute geek I am. So after paying the steep price of seven British pounds (as if I costs almost £4 extra to see a film in 3D! I get the chance to see it. To be honest I was disappointed. Maybe it was because I hyped up in my head so much that it just didn't meet expectations but even so it was just too damn short! I wanted more! And I felt cheated with the very quick, blunt and anti-climactic ending (that's what she said! sorry couldn't resist) To be honest I would have preferred a 3 hour epic over a an hour and a half of rushed story with the plot following a predictable story. I would have also liked to have seen a lot more of the Greek gods. There was the obvious Zeus and Hades but hardly more than a mention of Poseidon and Apollo not the mention the many other God's the Greeks prayed to. So yeah, I am a disappointed geek. Bad times.



Peace. Love. Respect. Unity

-- Tom RDD

No comments:

Post a Comment