Sunday 25 April 2010

pop punk to the rescue

It's amazing how one band can make music that seems like it was made just for you, just for how you are feeling at a low point. Home Grown have certainly made an album that just talks to me at the moment. It says everything I want to say but can't. I could listen to the album, "King Of Pop", back to back and in every song there would be lyrics that I can relate to. The glory of pop punk is it is filled with teen angst, stories of rejection, stories of love lost and stories of love gained. I don't think any other genre really encapsulates that feeling of being a teenager that no one really understands. Thank you Home Grown for writing possibly one of my favourite albums ever and filling it with stories I can relate to in a time of need and reminding me that I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment