Thursday 1 April 2010

I miss my guitar. She isn't the best guitar in the world. I bought it second hand and on the day I got it I had to replace 3 strings. She's old, she hasn't got the best sound but she is mine. I'm not going to lie and say I'm an amazing guitarist, I wouldn't even go as far as say I'm a good guitarist. I get by and I enjoy what I play and I am still learning. But I miss being able to escape from my mind and play music for hours, being completely oblivious to time, hunger, thirst and all that jazz. I can really loose myself is music and creating it is one of my main passions in life, if not my biggest passion. Writing lyrics is where my main skill lies within music (I say this with no wish to sound arrogant, it just happens to be true, at least I think it is). I love to write lyrics that mean something be they heart felt love songs, moments of heart break, songs of apathy and depression, songs about life and death or even political rants. Although this longing to create music has only resurfaced since Christmas time I feel slightly lost without a means to express myself. Playing music has really helped me over the last few weeks and months and although it's only been a few days I can start to feel withdrawal symptoms, if that's even possible...



Peace, Love, Respect, Unity

-- Tom RDD

No comments:

Post a Comment