Sunday 8 March 2009

Surburban Myth

After spending a long weekend with the most important person in my life (the lovely Miss Rebecca Hawkes) I have put some rather important things into perspective. I've realized that some things in life are more important than others. I've previously said I don't believe in living life as a competition and as a race to the finish line whilst picking up meaningless achievements along the way. I still believe this, I think people should do things in their life they enjoy not because a book called "100 things to do before you die" tells you to. In my future I just want to be happy. I don't care what I do (well of course I want to do something I have a passion for and something I love, I am not settling for second best if that’s what you are thinking) as long as I get to spend it with someone, a certain special someone, I love. Now I am only a youngen but I don't think you have be a rocket scientist to know what makes you happy and to know what you want. Maybe my dream is rare for a person of my age, but I see it as a more down to earth approach to life. I'm not chasing something impossible. What I am in chasing, in my mind, is happiness. I am pursuing happiness. And to that I think it's more important to spend life with someone you love that live by a list of things to do. Of course there are things I want to do in my life, but I will not consider my life a waste when I die if I can look back and say with all honesty I enjoyed myself, spent my life with the woman I love and taught everything I know to my children and my grandchildren. What an odd dream for a 19 year old boy. Maybe things will change in the years to come but who knows. I will just have to wait and see.

Anyway, rambling over.


Peace, love and respect, as always.

-- Tom RDD

No comments:

Post a Comment