Sunday 1 March 2009

I am king and my queen will come at dawn...

Gar! Reviews are harder to write than professional reviewers (if there is such a thing) let on! I have to write a review after going to the theatre (yeah I go to the theatre being the cultured guy I am) to see Knee-High Theatre Company's performance of "Don John" which is based on a Mozart opera. Anywho, I have to write a review on the damn thing (which was excellent for what it's worth) and it has to be intelligent and the like and intelligent writing is not my forte. So struggling a bit but hopefully it will be alright. Here is an extract from it so far:


But is Don John the villain he appears to be? Or is he an anti-hero embodying freedom and individualism, which over the coming years would almost be destroyed by Thatcherism. This is for each individual audience member to decide for themselves as of course everyone will take away a different part of Don John’s story for better or worse.

Not too bad (I hope) I will post the finished article when I have finished it! But until then...

Peace, love and respect. as always.

-- Tom RDD

No comments:

Post a Comment