Friday 18 June 2010

You're like an old friend come to see me again...

I have always been a nostalgic kind of person and over the last few days I have re-discovered something that my teen self would be shocked I had forgotten, that's right Myspace (remember that?). I have probably logged more hours on myspace than I have facebook and that's quite scary now I think of it. I can't remember exactly why I went back to myspace but I did. I completely changed my profile and all the information on there as well as going through all my old pictures and the "blogs" I used to write. I came across one I had written just after leaving Canterbury and it was all about how I think people are defined. This is an extract:

"I'm one of those people who believe doing something defines who you are and who you are to become. Everyone makes mistakes, some are unforgivable and others will be forgotten in time. But the things we do and what we believe truly define who we are. I wouldn't be who I am if I hadn't done what I've done, the rules I've broken, the boundaries I've crashed through and the friends I have gained and lost along the way"

And this got me thinking about, as usual, about the past, but not because I wanted to change anything. My past has defined me and brought me to this moment. All the happiness and all the pain has gotten me here. So what is "here"? Here is a young man who loves to create music, who puts his heart and soul into it and uses song writing as a diary. Here is man who loves his friends more than he express in words. Here is a man with a dream. I may have been broken along the way, the path may have changed but the destination is the same.



Excuse the ramblings of a nostalgic hippy, but to finish; looking back into my past, I wouldn't change a thing.

peace.love.respect.untiy
so say we all

-- Tom RDD

1 comment:

  1. Again i say, that yours is a road i will always like to travel x

    ReplyDelete